Below are links to dementia-related resources and information:
- The New Zealand Dementia Cooperative... New Zealand's dementia knowledge broker, channelling members' knowledge and expertise into the debate about the development of policy and practice.... please join NZDC if you want to discuss, collaborate, and share ideas around dementia care in NZ... and click on "FRAMEWORK" to tap into a wide range of information.
- The Neurological Foundation of New Zealand: an independent body that raises funds to ensure NZ's top neuroscientists can continue leading-edge research into neurological disorders.
- Dementia: What you need to know - A Guide for People With Dementia, and Their Caregivers Thorough and compassionate information about dementia and Alzheimers for caregivers and people with early dementia.
- Age Concern: An organisation dedicated to the rights and wellbeing of older people.
- ADHB Seniorline: Information for people 65+ considering rest home or long stay hospital care.
- BUPA: Provider of care services, at every stage of the ageing journey.
- Dementia and driving: A guide for clinicians on dementia and driving frrom the District Health Boards
- Dementia Alliance International: Membership in is FREE and open to people with dementia only, in any country. If you are a person with dementia, join DAI and be part of a global community of others with dementia, where members support and encourage each other to live well with dementia. Join others in fighting against the stigma, isolation and discrimination of dementia.
- Dementia friendly community – Rotorua
- Dementia Friendly Banking - Westpac New Zealand: Westpac has become New Zealands first dementia-friendly bank, to support the two out of three Kiwis affected with dementia. Take a look at their video that was launched this year and played at our Symposium. Their aim is to help people with dementia to plan ahead, access financial services and get help to remain independent for as long as possible. Their employees have been trained to help recognise, understand and respond to the needs of customers living with dementia and they've put together resources that they're happy to share with other organisations who want to become dementia friendly too.
- ElderCare Online's Teen Resource Centre: For children and teenagers affected by family members with dementia
- Eldernet: Information about services for older people in New Zealand.
- Healthpages: New Zealand's largest on-line directory.
- World Alzheimer's Report 2015 - Fact Sheet: Created by Alzheimer's Disease International, this fact sheet sums up the global prevalence of dementia, and recommendations for organisations globally.
- World Alzheimer's Report 2015 - The Global Impact Of Dementia: For those interested in further insights into the global impact of dementia.
- Lakes DHB MHSOP Team (Mental Health & Addiction Services for Older People)
Older People’s Health Midland Region: Lakes Dementia Care Pathway
DAI Online Support GroupsDementia Alliance International (DAI) facilitates weekly online peer-to-peer support groups in the a number of different time zones. Each group has two or three hosts to ensure there is aways someone available. Read more about the DAI Online Support Groups here.